Thursday, February 16, 2012

Growing Big Plants From Seeds

I have a couple of things I want to try and so I am going to post pictures as I go.  Avocado and Italian Plum seeds.  Will they grow, will they die?  Stay tuned and find out.  (BTW I am not very skilled at growing anything indoors.  I always forget to water.)  We shall see.  I am following a Pinterest link that took me to this site to grow an avocado from a seed.  Here are the initial pics.   



Growing Avocados from seeds
Growing Avocados from seeds
Growing Avocados from Seeds


Those are the avocado pictures.  The Italian plum was a seed saved from a really good organic plum from a friend last summer.  It wasn't especially interesting to see and I just stuck it in a pot with some Miracle Grow potting soil from Costco (that's the Moisture Control one since I suck at watering) so I didn't take any pics of that one.  The kids are excited about both though.  Pinterest is about my favorite thing right now.  Such a good way to keep track of all the good stuff on the net!  Thank you Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment